Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Information on Disciplining Your Cat
Cats tend to be a more independent type of pet which is why many people prefer them over other types of pets. However, you might find that your feline friend doesn't always do what he is supposed to. At this point you need to find a way to discipline your cat that doesn't involve hitting and screaming at him. If you bought your cat as a kitten, the odds are they will pick on what is allowed and what isn't fairly quickly. If you bought an adult cat you might have to work on a few bad habits, but need to remember to be patient while doing so.
Below are a few ways that might help you deal with the disciplining of your cat, especially when it comes to particular areas.
The first thing that you should know is that it helps to use the same words when disciplining your cat, don't change it up all the time because you will end up confusing your cat in the long run. If there is more than just you in the house, you need to make sure that your discipline techniques are uniform so that the cat will not be confused as to who they need to listen to.
Come Fluffy, Come!
You need to realize that you cat is not like a dog. They are not always going to obey when you call because they basically have a mind of their own. Although they do have a completely different personality, it is possible to get your cat to come to you if you call it and reinforce your command with positive behavior. You can do this by offering them so sort of reward such as petting them, brushing them, or giving them a treat.
If you are screaming at your cat to come to you with the thought that such an action will shock them into coming right over, you will soon realize that such tactics will not work with a cat as they saunter off in the completely opposite direction.
It's Green and Leafy, it's a Plant!
If you happen to have plants in your home that are not harmful to your cat, the odds are that you don't want your cat to destroy them. As mentioned earlier, cats are very curious and will try getting into everything. It is also important to note that it is instinctive for cats to claw or dig as they do in the litter box so if you are not care, they might do the same to your plants. In order to prevent the certain mess that will occur otherwise, you need to go to a craft store and purchase plastic needlepoint mesh.
Then cut it to fit the opening of the pot and a spot for your plant and then apply it over the dirt. This will keep your cat from clawing at the dirt in your plant. Chewing on plants is another matter entirely. All you need to do is spray the leaves and coat them with a cayenne spray or a bitter apple spray that you can get at most pet shops. The bad taste will keep your cat from chewing further.
Ouch! He Bit Me!
Biting is not a fun thing when you cat has sharp little teeth. Often cats tend to bite or nip when they are playing around and in reality it is quite a painful shock when those teeth connect with your skin. In order to get your cat to stop this painful behavior, you need to take the right steps. The next time he decides to take a playful nip at whatever skin is handy you can choose to do one of two things, you can either hiss at him like another cat would do, or scream in pain. Either one of these reactions is sure to get your cat's attention and make him stop.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesThe Different Kinds of Things to Know about Abused Cats
Cats that have been abused can appear severely maimed and damaged all over their exterior. Some may appear to be in perfect shape on the outside, although all of the damage they sustained may be internal or emotional. (more)Health Problems Your Cat Can Face
If you are new to owning a cat, you may be surprised to find that wellbeing evils are a communal thing. No count what breed of cat you own, fitness harms are to be probable. Some may be hereditary, while others can certainly be vetoed. (more)Related Articles
- Learn about Abused Cats
- Finding a Name That Is Right for Your Cat
- Keeping Your Cats Happy And Loving
- Cat Breeds - Learn About Different Cat Breeds
- Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Pet Cat
- Give Your Cat The Proper Care They Deserve
- Cats and Their Litter Box
- Learn How to Take Care of a Persian Cat
- What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
- Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- Aquarium Care and Catfish Care Manual
- The Wonderful Cats
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- Need Health Insurance For Cat?
- Train Your Cat or Kittens for Positive Reinforcements
- A Couple Of Facts About Cats
- Good Treatments for Cats
- Dealing with Cats and Their Claws
- Cats And Their Claws
- A Couple of Caution for Cat Owners
- Getting Protection For Your Home From Cats
- What You Need To Know Before Breeding Your Cats
- Cat Training - Crate Training Your Cat
- Different Cats Have Different Training Tips
- How to Cure the Different Kinds of Cat Breath
- How to Give a Pill to Your Cat
- Why Get Insurance for a Cat Pet?
- How to Keep Cats Out Of Your Gardens
- Top Cat Breeds
- Amazing Cats
- The Common Different Health Problems for Cat
- Bring Your Cats Everywhere
- Learn about the Siamese Cat
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
Anytime your cat backs himself up to a door or other object in your house, lifts his tail, and releases urine - you have a problem. This problem is known as spraying, and is very common with cats kept indoors. Even though it is a very annoying problem, it's a problem that can be solved. (more)Factors Affecting The Health Of Cats
Whether you are someone who believes in vaccinations or not, they are extremely important to the health and well being of your cat. Just as with humans, there are certain viruses that can attack a cat's system if they are not properly protected. (more)Grooming Your Cats
No cat wants to be dirty, and it's up to you to ensure that your cat stays clean. Some cats that have started grooming when they were kittens grow to love it, many of which often look forward to their grooming time. (more)Information On The Most Common Cat behaviors
Cats make great pets but certain cat behavior can be quite annoying and hence you need to know how to control your cat’s strange mannerisms and impulses. (more)Getting A Bed For Your Cat
Your pet needs a place in which they can lay down, sleep, and take a nap. A cat bed will also help keep your cat from taking its naps on your bed or couch. This doesn't mean that you have to spend a fortune or have it monogrammed, but it does mean that you need to look for something comfortable. (more)
- How to Anticipate Getting a New Cat
- Cats Are Wonderful Pets
- Learn about Grooming Your Cats
- Why Do Cats Use A Scratch Post
- Learn How to Tame Feral Cats
- Things You Should Know About Cat Food
- Different Kinds of Toys Cat Will Play With
- How to Keep Your Cat Entertained
- The Many Different Kinds of Cat Whisperer
- A Little Introduction to Cats
- Cats Can Have Bad Breath, Learn Ways to Deal with It
- About Cat Breeds
- Choosing a Savannah - Is One Right for You?
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- How to Bathe Your Cats
- Know What to Do if You Have a Persian Cat
- Learn More about Breeding Cats
- Preventing Cats from Eating Your Garden
- Devices You Can Use to Train Your Cat
- Cats and Their Scratch Post