Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Information on Disciplining Your Cat
Cats tend to be a more independent type of pet which is why many people prefer them over other types of pets. However, you might find that your feline friend doesn't always do what he is supposed to. At this point you need to find a way to discipline your cat that doesn't involve hitting and screaming at him. If you bought your cat as a kitten, the odds are they will pick on what is allowed and what isn't fairly quickly. If you bought an adult cat you might have to work on a few bad habits, but need to remember to be patient while doing so.
Below are a few ways that might help you deal with the disciplining of your cat, especially when it comes to particular areas.
The first thing that you should know is that it helps to use the same words when disciplining your cat, don't change it up all the time because you will end up confusing your cat in the long run. If there is more than just you in the house, you need to make sure that your discipline techniques are uniform so that the cat will not be confused as to who they need to listen to.
Come Fluffy, Come!
You need to realize that you cat is not like a dog. They are not always going to obey when you call because they basically have a mind of their own. Although they do have a completely different personality, it is possible to get your cat to come to you if you call it and reinforce your command with positive behavior. You can do this by offering them so sort of reward such as petting them, brushing them, or giving them a treat.
If you are screaming at your cat to come to you with the thought that such an action will shock them into coming right over, you will soon realize that such tactics will not work with a cat as they saunter off in the completely opposite direction.
It's Green and Leafy, it's a Plant!
If you happen to have plants in your home that are not harmful to your cat, the odds are that you don't want your cat to destroy them. As mentioned earlier, cats are very curious and will try getting into everything. It is also important to note that it is instinctive for cats to claw or dig as they do in the litter box so if you are not care, they might do the same to your plants. In order to prevent the certain mess that will occur otherwise, you need to go to a craft store and purchase plastic needlepoint mesh.
Then cut it to fit the opening of the pot and a spot for your plant and then apply it over the dirt. This will keep your cat from clawing at the dirt in your plant. Chewing on plants is another matter entirely. All you need to do is spray the leaves and coat them with a cayenne spray or a bitter apple spray that you can get at most pet shops. The bad taste will keep your cat from chewing further.
Ouch! He Bit Me!
Biting is not a fun thing when you cat has sharp little teeth. Often cats tend to bite or nip when they are playing around and in reality it is quite a painful shock when those teeth connect with your skin. In order to get your cat to stop this painful behavior, you need to take the right steps. The next time he decides to take a playful nip at whatever skin is handy you can choose to do one of two things, you can either hiss at him like another cat would do, or scream in pain. Either one of these reactions is sure to get your cat's attention and make him stop.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesDealing With Cat Odor
Cat owners know for a detail that bad cat breath can be downright dreadful. It isn't that much different from bad being breath, as, both are caused by bacteria found in the utter that breaks protein down and releases the sulfur compounds out into the air. (more)Learn about Abused Cats
Cats that have been abused can appear severely maimed and damaged all over their exterior. Some may appear to be in perfect shape on the outside, although all of the damage they sustained may be internal or emotional. (more)Related Articles
- Dealing With Cats
- Preventing Cats from Eating Your Garden
- Get a Training Collar for Your Cat
- Choosing Wheather if Your Cat Live Indoors or Outdoors
- Why the Cat Is a Cool Breeds
- Cat Toys - Cats and Their Toys
- Cats Behavior - The Reason For Your Cat Behavior
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
- The Different Kinds of Things to Know about Abused Cats
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy
- Do Not Let Your Cat Urinate Around the House
- How to Give Your Cat a Pill
- Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Pet Cat
- Cats and How They Have Benefits to Your Kids
- Caring For The Older Cat
- Devices You Can Use to Train Your Cat
- Need Health Insurance For Cat?
- Cats And Their Claws
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- Different Cats Have Different Training Tips
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- What to Do if You Have a Persian Cat
- A Couple Of Facts About Cats
- Cleaning After Your Cats
- How to Keep Your Cat Safe in Warm Months
- About Breeding Cats - What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
- Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- Catfish Care
- About The Cat Whisperer
- A Quick Guide to Choosing Cats
- Amazing Cats
- The Different Kinds of Littering for Cats
- The Different Kinds Of Heartworm Treatment For Cats
Patience and Love: Above of all when you have a diabetic cat, you need a lot of patience and a lot of love. It is not always easy to care for sick and ailing cat. However, with the right care, you can expect your diabetic cat to have many more years of happy life. (more)About Cat Health
Just like humans, cats feel miserable when they are sick. As a pet possessor, it is your core responsibility to keep your slinky contacts wholesome and ecstatic. (more)Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
Cats are very good pets as they don’t require as much attention as other options such as a dog. Young cats are extremely playful and you can interact with them when you want to. (more)Factors Affecting The Health Of Cats
Whether you are someone who believes in vaccinations or not, they are extremely important to the health and well being of your cat. Just as with humans, there are certain viruses that can attack a cat's system if they are not properly protected. (more)Your Cats and Their Litter Box
The option of cat litters should primarily be based on how much this litter will imitate the environment just as how much such cats chosen litter. (more)
- Cats Can Have Bad Breath, Learn Ways to Deal with It
- Cat Training - Crate Training Your Cat
- Cats Health Problems
- Choosing a Savannah - Is One Right for You?
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- How to Keep Cats Out Of Your Gardens
- Finding the Right Cat Litter Box
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- Learn How to Take Care of Your Cats
- Give Your Cat The Proper Care They Deserve
- Cat Beds - Cat Igloos Beds are the Perfect Cat Beds for Winter
- Guide to Grooming Your Cat
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- Why Get Insurance for a Cat Pet?
- Good Treatments for Cats
- Ways To Keep Your Cat Healthy
- Before Breeding Cats
- The Art of Cat Training
- Cat Skin Disease
- Introduction about Caring for Cats