Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
How to Take Care of Your Cats
These days, cats are among the most popular pet you can own. There are several breeds available, with the most popular being Persian and Siamese. Cats are a domesticated animal, with origins dating back some 8,000 years and beyond. Like any other pet that you may own, including dogs, cats cost money to take care of properly.
When you get a cat, you'll need to think about the costs. You'll obviously need food, and you'll also need to plan ahead for vet costs. You'll also need litter, which can tend to get quite expensive as the years go by. Your cat will need a litter box, food dish, and water dish. You should also invest in some toys as well, such as a scratching post, cat toys, a pet carrier, and a bed. You should also look into getting an ID collar as well, just in case your cat ever gets lost.
Feeding your pet will depend a great deal on his age. Older cats require two small meals or one large meal for the day. Kittens on the other hand, require several feedings a day until they get around the age of 12 weeks. Cats that are between three and six months of age need to be fed three times a day. Canned food can be fed to cats, although any food that has been left out longer than 30 minutes need to be disposed of. Canned food can get expensive fast, and you should always keep in mind that some may need to be thrown away when you buy it. Cats loved canned food, although it doesn't have any benefits to their dental health like dry food does.
As an alternative plan, you can always leave a supply of dry food out for your pet. When you give your cat dry food, you should always make sure that he has enough water. Dry food costs less than canned food, and it can also help to prevent the buildup of tartar on your cat's teeth. When you buy dry food, you should always look in terms of health and benefits, and stay away from generic food. Even though generic food may be cheaper, it may not offer the nutrients your pet needs.
If you own a kitten, you should only give you kitten food designed for him. You'll also need to clean and refill his water dish every day. Even though kittens and adult cats like cow's milk, you should avoid giving it to them as it can cause diarrhea. Treats are fine on occasion, although too many of them can cause your pet to get fat. Feeding your kitten human food is good on occasion, although you may have to mix it in with his cat food.
By themselves, cats stay fairly clean. Although you don't have to bathe them that often, you'll need to give them a brushing at least once a day. Brushing will reduce the risk of hairballs and keep your cat's coat nice and clean. If you are keeping your cat indoors, you'll need to have a litter box in an area that is easy for your cat to access. You should always scoop it on a daily basis, and clean it out once a week. Cats don't like to use dirty litter boxes, they prefer for it to be nice and clean.
Although cats do require some work, they are great pets that will provide you with years and years of companionship. As long as you take care of your cat and take him to the vet for his checkups, he should remain healthy. Even though cats can get sick from time to time - knowing how to care for him will make a world of difference.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesLearn How to Take Care of a Persian Cat
These days, Persian cats are among the most popular breeds of cat. Well known for their gentle and sweet personalities and their long hair, Persian cats have very attractive features. (more)Aquarium Care and Catfish Care Manual
Since many catfish are available, we will discuss a handful, or tank full to decide on the choice aquarium fish. Few of the choice catfish include the Black Spotted Corydoras. (more)Related Articles
- Caring For The Older Cat
- Introduction about Caring for Cats
- Caring For Your Cats
- Cats And Their Claws
- The Many Different Kinds of Cat Whisperer
- A Couple of Caution for Cat Owners
- Getting A Bed For Your Cat
- Do Not Let Your Cat Urinate Around the House
- A Little Introduction to Cats
- Bring Your Cats Everywhere
- Cats Can Have Diabetes
- Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
- Cats and How They Have Benefits to Your Kids
- Learn about Abused Cats
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- How to Introduce Your Cat to Your Home
- How to Keep Your Cat Entertained
- The Different Kinds of Things to Know about Abused Cats
- Dealing With Cat Odor
- Information about Cat Breeding
- All about the Siamese Cat
- The Different Kinds Of Heartworm Treatment For Cats
- Some Reason To Get Health Insurance For Your Pet Cat
- How to Keep Your Cat Safe in Warm Months
- Learn How to Give Your Cat a Pill
- Your Cat and Her Food
- Health Problems Your Cat Can Face
- Guide to Grooming Your Cat
- How to Train Your Cat or Kittens for Positive Reinforcements
- The Art of Cat Training
- Cats Are Wonderful Pets
- The Wonderful Cats
- Cat Breeds - Learn About Different Cat Breeds
- Clearning Your Cat Litter Box
Patience and Love: Above of all when you have a diabetic cat, you need a lot of patience and a lot of love. It is not always easy to care for sick and ailing cat. However, with the right care, you can expect your diabetic cat to have many more years of happy life. (more)Cats Bad Breath - Cats Health Care
Cat owners know for a fact that bad cat breath can be downright awful. It isn't that much different from bad human breath, as both are caused by bacteria found in the mouth that breaks protein .. (more)How to Take Care of Cats
As long as you take care of your cat and take him to the vet for his checkups, he should remain healthy. Even though cats can get sick from time to time - knowing how to care for him will make a world of difference. (more)Catfish Care
Catfish are good eating critters; as well, some of these fish will gulp down other fish. Catfish is an all time favorite, yet few catfish are more difficult to maintain than other catfish are. (more)Give Your Cat The Proper Care They Deserve
Just like us, cats have needs and their needs must be provide especially if you have them as pets. Their needs are just normal when it comes to the basic and as well as material. What matters most is the affection and care you share for these animals. (more)
- Caring For The Pomacentridae Family Of Fishes
- Take Care of Frogs
- Barbs And Puntius Fish Care
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy and Away From the Vet
- How To Stop Your Cat From Urinating Everywhere
- Reading about Cat Training Books
- Before Breeding Cats
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- About Getting Health Care for Your Exotic Pet
- Beginners Guide to Fish Care
- The Common Different Health Problems for Cat
- How to Care for Your Turtle
- Border Terriers Things to Care About
- The Basic Of Iguana Care
- Look Into Abused Cats
- Learn More about Breeding Cats
- Cat Training Tools
- Why Get Insurance for a Cat Pet?
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy
- About Breeding Cats - What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats