Bring Your Cats Everywhere
When you decide to add a new cat to your home, it’s typically more exiting for you and your family than it is for the cat you already own. Although most cats are lone by type, most will also come to accept or eventually tolerate any additions. Cats can be very territorial, which is why you should forever be sensitive when you host a new cat to your recent cat.
If you are introducing kittens to each other, the whole introduction process can be dumpy, lasting as little as 10 – 15 time. Introducing cats to one another all depends on their temperament and their personality. When you begin a new cat to your flow cat, you should always make solid that you give your tide cat abundance of affection and mind. This way, your cat will feel secure and know that he isn’t in competition with your new cat for affection.
When you beget your new cat home, you should let him halt in a secure span pending you have perfect introducing the cats. Your nontoxic extent could be any small extent in your home, such as a bathroom or sparse bedroom. The key here is to use an area that your existing cat doesn’t go in. In the area, you should dump your new cat a scratching declare, bed, water dish, litter box, and food dish.
At first, your current cat may weep and shush when he stands at the door, wearisome to tell the other cat that he doesn’t belong. When this happens you should discount it, as punishing your cat for his behavior will only escort to more harms. After a while, the first cat will inception to act calm when he is near the new cat’s door. As he starts to act calm, you should pet him and give him praise.
When your first cat starts to go by your new cat’s door and doesn’t bawl or whisper; you can beginning introducing them to one another. The best way to do this is to get them worn to each others cologne. You can create letting them eat out of the same food dish, though you’ll want to nosh them at different intervals at first. This way, the whiff of each cat will be introduced at the food dish, and each cat will get the whiff when he eats his food.
Once both cats have got worn to the trail, you can originate to nosh them earlier together. To do this, you should keep your new cat in the sound extent with the door congested, and your first cat on the other trait of the door with his food dish. This time, feed both cats at the same time. After doing this a the epoch, they should advantage drinking lacking any derision or growling. At this sense, they are prompt to be introduced to each other.
When you introduce them to one another in the same room, a bit of growling and heckling is to be projected. Although they may be worn to each others odor; your first cat will still feel a bit inelegant with your new cat being in his territory. You should play with them, both at first, so they can smell each other and address in their own way. If they establish to scrap you should relax them up, and give them sometime apart.
It may take sometime to get them entirely used to each other, while once they do – they will become playmates for life. Cats like to be public, although it may be a bit trying at first, especially for your first cat. Cats can be very territorial, especially if you have a kitten around. If you get both of them used to one another early on – it will be a lot easier to add hope cats to your home.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow To Stop Your Cat From Urinating Everywhere
Anytime your cat backs himself up to a door or other object in your house, lifts his tail, and releases urine - you have a problem. This problem is known as spraying, and is very common with cats kept indoors. Even though it is a very annoying problem, it's a problem that can be solved. (more)Guide to Grooming Your Cat
Grooming is also a big part of having a cat. Just as you get a shower every day, do your hair, and whatever else your grooming entails, your cat needs to be groomed as well. (more)Related Articles
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- Learn About The Cat Whisperer
- Let Us Find a Good Leash for Your Cat
- Getting Protection For Your Home From Cats
- Cat Allergy - Deal with Cat Allergies
- Why Get Insurance for a Cat Pet?
- Devices You Can Use to Train Your Cat
- Some Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- About Cat Breeds
- Find Out If You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- Cats And Their Claws
- Caring For Catfish
- Introduction about Caring for Cats
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- Cats and Their Scratch Post
- Finding a Name That Is Right for Your Cat
- Cats Can Have Bad Breath, Learn Ways to Deal with It
- Cat Breeds - Different Kinds of Domestic Cat Breeds
- Different Kinds of Cat Whisperer
- Learn about Grooming Your Cats
- How to Keep Cats Out Of Your Gardens
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- A Couple of Caution for Cat Owners
- Choosing a Savannah Cat - Is One Right for You?
- Cat Breeds Throughout the World - Top Cat Breeds
- Cat Training Books
- Dealing With Cat Odor
- Caring For Your Cats
- The Different Kinds Of Heartworm Treatment For Cats
- Keeping Your Cats Happy And Loving
- The Wonderful Cats
- Amazing Cats
- Your Cats and Their Litter Box
- Different Kinds of Toys Cat Will Play With
Coming from Trinidad and South America are the Mail and Armored Catfish. These catfish are well respected even by larger fish. The catfish have partly covered bony plates.. (more)Factors Affecting The Health Of Cats
Whether you are someone who believes in vaccinations or not, they are extremely important to the health and well being of your cat. Just as with humans, there are certain viruses that can attack a cat's system if they are not properly protected. (more)Get a Training Collar for Your Cat
A faithful-cerulean cat aficionado wishes the best for his cat...The best cat beds, cat cages, cat cutlery, cat condos and yes, cat collars! What makes a good collar? (more)Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
Cats are curious creatures. One small they want to be petted and stroked, the next they are pleasing a thump at your hand and acting like you are shared enemy number one. (more)Cleaning After Your Cats
Almost everybody, adults and kids alike have a real affection for cats. They love, still, and very jokey pets that can bestow you with living of entertainment. Although most of us have a love for cats, that fondness can speedily lessen when it comes to the litter box. (more)
- How to Introduce Your Cat to Your Home
- Cat Training Tools
- About Breeding Cats - What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
- Skin Disease In Cats
- How to Anticipate Getting a New Cat
- Preventing Your Cats from Eating Your Garden
- How to Keep Your Cat Safe in Warm Months
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- Dealing With Cats
- How to Cure the Different Kinds of Cat Breath
- Choosing Wheather if Your Cat Live Indoors or Outdoors
- The Different Kinds of Meaning for Cat Behaviors
- Learn How to Take Care of Your Cats
- How to Bathe Your Cats
- Learn How to Manage Catfish
- A Couple Of Facts About Cats
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- Cats Are Wonderful Pets
- How Feral Cats Can Be Tamed
- Dealing with Cats and Their Claws