Which Is the Best Cat Food
The domestic cat, which is named that way in order to be distinguished from other felines, is a carnivorous species, quite small in size. Humans often prefer cats for companionship, but at the same time for their ability to hunt rats and other vermin.
Cats are very useful in hunting down pests like the ones mentioned afore, because they are intelligent. When hunting a cat ambushes its prey, just like other felines, for example tigers and leopards. After that a lethal bite on the neck is delivered to the hunted, killing them instantly. This is because the spinal cord is crushed, massive bleeding is caused by puncturing the jugular vein or the carotid artery.
If you want to care for your cat and not let it hunt down all of its food, you can purchase cat food. Their diet is mainly based on meat. Even so, most of the commercial cat food we find today has animal, as well as plant material in it. Apart from those, minerals, vitamins and other nutrients can be found in the composition of it.
The formula on which cat food is based addresses mainly the need of cats. For example, if you mix the food you use to feed your dog and feed it to your feline companion, the cat will go blind. This is mainly due to the lack of amino acid taurine, a substance which the dogs do not require, but without which the cats cannot function properly. Thus you should be very careful what you use to feed your cat.
There are several types of cat food available on the market. The most comprising categories would be wet and dry food. Dog food is also separated in these categories, but there are a few differences, and not only in what materials had they used to make it.
First of all there are two methods used to obtain dry dog food. Feline dry food making uses only one process – extrusion. After that, the pellets obtained can be sprayed with lots of other ingredients, so the final products will be healthier and more appetizing for the cats.
Wet food is recommended by many veterinarians because of the high level of water contained in it. It is useful for solving a lot of problems, but there are some downsides to it. First of all, the prices of wet food are much higher than the ones for dry food. From another point of view, dry food can be left in the bowl for the cat to eat whenever it likes, whereas wet food spoils after a few hours.
Choosing the appropriate cat food for your companion is not an easy task. You should always consult a veterinarian before feeding anything to your cat or you should do a little research online. If you want more information about this topic, you should visit nutrecare.co.uk.
We mentioned earlier about another pet which is also known as men’s best friend. Yes, I’m talking about the dog. What are the most important aspects concerning dog health? As with human health, dog health is always best attended if harmful acts are prevented.
What should you do? Dog health enjoys a lot more solutions than human health because most diseases your dog may suffer from can be treated either with medications or with surgery and physical therapy. However, dog health is always best preserved with a successful diet and a lot of care from the owners.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesThings You Should Know About Cat Food
Cat Food Info #1 Cats Need Protein in their Cat Food (more)What You Should Know about Ocicat and His Food
The ocicat and his food. The Ocicat is one of the most magnificent spotted cat breeds that has the capability to steal any show not only with shear beauty but brains as well. (more)Related Articles
- Bonding Between Cat and Their Owners
- All About Grooming Your Cats
- Factors to Consider when Traveling with Your Cat
- Some Reason To Get Health Insurance For Your Pet Cat
- Learn About Different Cat Breeds
- Cats Are Wonderful Pets
- Finding a Name That Is Right for Your Cat
- Cleaning After Your Cats
- About Breeding Cats - What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
- Preventing Your Cats from Eating Your Garden
- Dealing with Cats and Their Claws
- Learn How to Tame Feral Cats
- The Different Kinds of Toys Cat Will Play With
- Your Cats and Their Litter Box
- How to Care for Your Diabetic Cat
- Cats and Their Scratch Post
- How to Give Your Cat a Pill
- An Exotic Pet Cat
- The Common Different Health Problems for Cat
- Hybrid Cats Represent Fashion at a High Price
- Crate Training Your Cat
- Cats Need Walking Also
- Caring For The Older Cat
- Choosing a Savannah Cat - Is One Right for You?
- Bring Your Cats Everywhere
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy
- The Different Kinds of Littering for Cats
- Guide to Grooming Your Cat
- Finding the Right Cat Litter Box
- Clearning Your Cat Litter Box
- Cat Skin Disease
- Do Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- How To Deal With Cat Allergies
- Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
Cats can be quite finicky when it comes to food but at the same time you need to choose your cat supplies in such a way that she gets maximum nutrition out of it and loves it too. (more)Getting A Bed For Your Cat
Your pet needs a place in which they can lay down, sleep, and take a nap. A cat bed will also help keep your cat from taking its naps on your bed or couch. This doesn't mean that you have to spend a fortune or have it monogrammed, but it does mean that you need to look for something comfortable. (more)Good Treatments for Cats
As most pet owners already know, heartworm treatment for cats and dogs isn't the same. Never, under any circumstances, should you give your cat heartworm treatment that is designed for a dog - or vice versa. (more)Cats And Their Claws
Cats use their claws for numerous purposes. The claws are important to cats, as they are a critical part of balancing. If you've ever noticed a cat jumping and latching onto a high target, you've maybe noticed that he uses his claws to twitch himself up. (more)Why the Cat Is a Cool Breeds
We all know that cats are loving and truly wonderful creatures. These days, it isn't out of the ordinary to see a cat in virtually every other home, sleeping in the window or cuddling up on the laps of their owners. (more)
- Transition of an Adopted Cat to a New Home
- A Couple Of Facts About Cats
- Information on Disciplining Your Cat
- Buying the Right Dog Food
- About the Siamese Cat
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- Have Fun Naming Your Cat
- Getting Protection For Your Home From Cats
- The Wonderful Cats
- Why Get Insurance for a Cat Pet?
- Your Cat and Potty Training
- Cat Training Tools
- How to Keep Your Cat Healthy
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
- How to Take Care of Cats
- You Should Not De-Claw Your Cats
- Different Kinds Of Heartworm Treatment For Cats
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy and Away From the Vet
- Keep Your Cat Healthy - Have a Healthy Cat