Which Is the Best Cat Food
The domestic cat, which is named that way in order to be distinguished from other felines, is a carnivorous species, quite small in size. Humans often prefer cats for companionship, but at the same time for their ability to hunt rats and other vermin.
Cats are very useful in hunting down pests like the ones mentioned afore, because they are intelligent. When hunting a cat ambushes its prey, just like other felines, for example tigers and leopards. After that a lethal bite on the neck is delivered to the hunted, killing them instantly. This is because the spinal cord is crushed, massive bleeding is caused by puncturing the jugular vein or the carotid artery.
If you want to care for your cat and not let it hunt down all of its food, you can purchase cat food. Their diet is mainly based on meat. Even so, most of the commercial cat food we find today has animal, as well as plant material in it. Apart from those, minerals, vitamins and other nutrients can be found in the composition of it.
The formula on which cat food is based addresses mainly the need of cats. For example, if you mix the food you use to feed your dog and feed it to your feline companion, the cat will go blind. This is mainly due to the lack of amino acid taurine, a substance which the dogs do not require, but without which the cats cannot function properly. Thus you should be very careful what you use to feed your cat.
There are several types of cat food available on the market. The most comprising categories would be wet and dry food. Dog food is also separated in these categories, but there are a few differences, and not only in what materials had they used to make it.
First of all there are two methods used to obtain dry dog food. Feline dry food making uses only one process – extrusion. After that, the pellets obtained can be sprayed with lots of other ingredients, so the final products will be healthier and more appetizing for the cats.
Wet food is recommended by many veterinarians because of the high level of water contained in it. It is useful for solving a lot of problems, but there are some downsides to it. First of all, the prices of wet food are much higher than the ones for dry food. From another point of view, dry food can be left in the bowl for the cat to eat whenever it likes, whereas wet food spoils after a few hours.
Choosing the appropriate cat food for your companion is not an easy task. You should always consult a veterinarian before feeding anything to your cat or you should do a little research online. If you want more information about this topic, you should visit nutrecare.co.uk.
We mentioned earlier about another pet which is also known as men’s best friend. Yes, I’m talking about the dog. What are the most important aspects concerning dog health? As with human health, dog health is always best attended if harmful acts are prevented.
What should you do? Dog health enjoys a lot more solutions than human health because most diseases your dog may suffer from can be treated either with medications or with surgery and physical therapy. However, dog health is always best preserved with a successful diet and a lot of care from the owners.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesThe Ocicat and His Food, What You Should Know
The ocicat and his food. The Ocicat is one of the most magnificent spotted cat breeds that has the capability to steal any show not only with shear beauty but brains as well. (more)Things You Should Know About Cat Food
Cat Food Info #1 Cats Need Protein in their Cat Food (more)Related Articles
- Finding a Name That Is Right for Your Cat
- The Common Different Health Problems for Cat
- How to Care for Your Diabetic Cat
- About Breeding Cats
- Different Kinds of Littering for Cats
- The Different Kinds of Meaning for Cat Behaviors
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- The Different Kinds Of Heartworm Treatment For Cats
- Some Tips to Train Your Cat with the Toilet
- Get a Training Collar for Your Cat
- Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
- Cats Bad Breath - Cats Health Care
- Some Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- Information about Cat Breeding
- Aquarium Care and Catfish Care Manual
- How to Keep Your Cat Entertained
- Caring For Your Cats
- A Couple of Health Problems with Cats
- A Brilliant Gift for Cat Lovers
- Learn about Abused Cats
- Let Us Find a Good Leash for Your Cat
- Caring For The Older Cat
- About Cat Breeds
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- Cat Training Tools
- Factors Affecting The Health Of Cats
- You Should Not De-Claw Your Cats
- Guide to Grooming Your Cat
- Ways To Keep Your Cat Healthy
- About Breeding Cats - What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
- Cats Can Have Diabetes
- Learn about Grooming Your Cats
- Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
- All About Catfish
Cats can be quite finicky when it comes to food but at the same time you need to choose your cat supplies in such a way that she gets maximum nutrition out of it and loves it too. (more)How to Keep Your Cat Safe in Warm Months
The hot summer months can pose a real threat to pets. Cats and dogs simply cannot tolerate extreme temperatures. Here are some tips to help you and your pet. (more)Do Not Let Your Cat Urinate Around the House
Anytime your cat backs himself up to a door or other article in your house, lifts his tail, and releases urine - you have a conundrum. This difficult is known as spraying, and is very universal with cats kept inside. (more)Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Pet Cat
Most people do not to think about purchasing pet health insurance for the family cat simply because it seems as if cats never get sick. (more)Cats And Their Claws
Cats use their claws for numerous purposes. The claws are important to cats, as they are a critical part of balancing. If you've ever noticed a cat jumping and latching onto a high target, you've maybe noticed that he uses his claws to twitch himself up. (more)
- Learn about the Siamese Cat
- Catfish Care
- Reading about Cat Training Books
- Cat Beds - Cat Igloos Beds are the Perfect Cat Beds for Winter
- Cats Are Wonderful Pets
- An Exotic Pet Cat
- Give Your Cat The Proper Care They Deserve
- How To Stop Your Cat From Urinating Everywhere
- About Cat Health
- Buying the Right Dog Food
- Keeping Your Cats Happy And Loving
- Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
- Health Problems Your Cat Can Face
- Devices You Can Use to Train Your Cat
- All about Feeding Your Cat
- Preventing Cats from Eating Your Garden
- Why the Cat Is a Cool Breeds
- Cats and Their Litter Box
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
- The Wonderful Cats