Look Into Abused Cats
Cats that have been abused can appear severely maimed and damaged all over their exterior. Some may appear to be in perfect shape on the outside, although all of the damage they sustained may be internal or emotional. Even though physical damage is bad, emotional damage is much tougher to fix. Cats who have physical abuse will still answer to a soft touch and soft voice, as long as they know that the abuse has come to an end.
When you have a cat that has been emotionally abused, you’ll need to wait until the cat comes to you. You’ll need to use patience, as the cat will be confused and not know if you plan to hurt him or not. If you take your time and let him know that you are nothing to fear, he will eventually come to you. When he starts to come to you, you can let him sniff you and pet him. After a while, he will learn that he can trust you and he will come to you when you call him.
Yelling, raising your voice, or using disciplinary tools such as flyswatters or water guns the wrong way can lead to emotional damage. If you continue to use the wrong means of discipline on an emotionally damaged cat, the cat can become mean or lethargic. When a cat turns mean, it’s not always a bad thing. Meaner cats are easier to reach, as they still care a bit about what happens to them – while lethargic cats could really care less.
Cats that have become lethargic won’t play, take treats, or respond to anything you say to them. With a lethargic cat, the ideal way to get him to respond is to bring in a companion cat. Over time, a lethargic cat will eventually look for attention, normally a scratch or a pat. When this happens, you should always use a soft voice and snuggle with him. Never raise your voice at this point, and make sure you let the cat know that his behavior is a lot better.
You should make slow movements around a lethargic cat, as he is still quite traumatic. Once he is coming around and letting you touch him again, he is getting back to his normal self. Keep in mind that it may take some time, which is to be expected with this type of situation. If your cat starts to get upset again or if you raise your voice, he will hide again. If you continue to use a soft voice and have patience, your cat will eventually get past this. If you get a cat that is lethargic, you should prepare yourself for a long and very intensive healing period.
Angry or mean cats on the other hand, will either fight and scratch with you, or simply run away from you. With mean cats, the best thing to do is use gentle treatment with a soft voice. You can never try to raise your voice or use strict discipline, as it will only make the cat meaner. Never attempt to trap the cat either, as trapping it will only make the cat react. If you take your time and let the cat know that you are there for him, he will eventually calm down.
Abused cats are truly a sad thing, although they are out there. Abused cats can be a sad thing to see indeed, especially those that were physically abused. Abused cats need a loving home and a loving owner who will give them the type of lifestyle they deserve. Always remember that if you are dealing with an abused cat – you should always be as gentle as you possibly can.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesThe Different Kinds of Things to Know about Abused Cats
Cats that have been abused can appear severely maimed and damaged all over their exterior. Some may appear to be in perfect shape on the outside, although all of the damage they sustained may be internal or emotional. (more)Learn about Abused Cats
Cats that have been abused can appear severely maimed and damaged all over their exterior. Some may appear to be in perfect shape on the outside, although all of the damage they sustained may be internal or emotional. (more)Related Articles
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- How to Keep Your Cat Healthy
- Cats Can Have Diabetes
- Give Your Cat The Proper Care They Deserve
- Cat Allergy - Deal with Cat Allergies
- Cat Igloos are the Perfect Cat Beds for Winter
- Why Get Insurance for a Cat Pet?
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
- Things You Should Know About Cat Food
- Health Problems Your Cat Can Face
- How to Cure the Different Kinds of Cat Breath
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- Introduction about Caring for Cats
- What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
- Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
- Train Your Cat with the Toilet
- The Wonderful Cats
- Preventing Cats from Eating Your Garden
- How to Manage Catfish
- Different Kinds of Toys Cat Will Play With
- How to Bathe Your Cats
- Information about Cat Breeding
- Bonding Between Cat and Their Owners
- How To Stop Your Cat From Urinating Everywhere
- How to Keep Your Cat Safe in Warm Months
- Cats And Their Claws
- Cleaning After Your Cats
- Cat Training Books
- About the Siamese Cat
- The Different Kinds Of Heartworm Treatment For Cats
- A Couple Of Facts About Cats
- What to Do if You Have a Persian Cat
- Caring For The Older Cat
- How to Care for Your Diabetic Cat
Feral cats are different from stray cats. If you want to attempt to tame a feral cat, remember that it can be hard work reaching out to the feral cat and getting them to trust you after being on their own. (more)Learn How to Take Care of Your Cats
These days, cats are among the most popular pet you can own. There are several breeds available, with the most popular being Persian and Siamese. Cats are a domesticated animal, with origins dating back some 8,000 years and beyond. Like any other pet that you may own, including dogs, cats cost money to take care of properly. (more)Finding a Name That Is Right for Your Cat
Being called by your name is very important and this importance really goes deep down to a person's heart. This is also true for our pets. We give them names and we always see to it that it is dear, remarkable or something unique. (more)Hybrid Cats Represent Fashion at a High Price
These are the Hybrids that are going for a very hefty price tag anywhere from a few hundred dollars to around $20,000.00. (more)The Ocicat and His Food, What You Should Know
The ocicat and his food. The Ocicat is one of the most magnificent spotted cat breeds that has the capability to steal any show not only with shear beauty but brains as well. (more)
- Some Reason To Get Health Insurance For Your Pet Cat
- About Cat Breeds
- You Should Not De-Claw Your Cats
- Cats Food - Which Is the Best Cat Food?
- Choosing a Savannah - Is One Right for You?
- Getting Protection For Your Home From Cats
- Good Treatments for Cats
- Cats Behavior - The Reason For Your Cat Behavior
- Why Do Cats Use A Scratch Post
- The Common Different Health Problems for Cat
- Mammoth Dog Beds
- Your Cat and Her Food
- A Quick Guide to Choosing Cats
- Learn about Grooming Your Cats
- Getting A Bed For Your Cat
- All about Siamese Cats
- All about Feeding Your Cat
- Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- Learn About Different Cat Breeds
- Before Breeding Cats