What to Consider when Buying a Bird
First we have to consider the following :
What can I afford?
The price of on parrot varies in large bounds in dependence with the species. You can buy for example a budgie for less than 10 $. The price of the cockatiel varies between 25 and 35 $. An Amazonian parrot and grey parrot can be purchased for about 300 - 400$, cockatoo for 1,000 $...... and the price of some parrots reaches $15,000! This is one of the initial questions which you have to answer.
How much space will the bird need?
Larger birds and even some of the small ones are very active physically and need big cages and space in which to play.
Is there any free time for the bird?
Probably this is the most important question. Birds are intelligent, playful and mostly " social " creatures. Will you have time to play with your bird? To care properly of it? Will it have the chance to be a part of your family? Consider the fact that birds live fairly long. A small parrot cockatiel lives for 20 years and more! Amazona or African grey parrot can live for 50, 60 and there are documented cases for birds that lived up to the respectable age of 100 years! Can you devote to this? It is not unusual to inherit birds for previous generations. Don't buy a bird if you think that you will soon get bored of it.
How noisy is the bird? Will the neighbors murmur?
Budgies and cockatiel are comparatively quiet. They are suitable to look after in a flat. Moluxco cockatoo could live in flat just if you have neighbors around you and six floors above / below you that like listening screams to cracking their ear - drums. The African grey parrot tends to be one of comparatively non-noisy parrots. Certainly, there are individual differences between birds. Somewhere there could be cockatoo, that don ' t make noisy to heaven. If really there could be found such, an enterprising person could make a fortune of it. Remember that noise is a subjective and relative sensation. A bird can be considered as " non-noisy " only at the background of another one,considered as noisy.
How " destructive " could a bird be?
Do you possess peerless old furniture? Rare books? Remember that these birds have strong beaks,. Some of them are less inclined to " nibbling " than others, but nibbling is completely natural behaviour for them.
Does the parrot need special food?
Lory parrots, for example, need a specialized diet. Do you have an opportunity and means to provide it? Once you have made a preliminary investigation and have decided what kind of parrot you want, you can go looking for it and buy it. NEVER, NEVER BUY A PARROT IMPULSIVELY!About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesImportant Information about Bird Cages
There are many kinds of birdcages available t day for the birds. Since birds can be classified into three sizes, small, medium and large, cages are also provided in the same way (i.e., small, medium, and large). (more)A Couple of Tips to Prevent Your Birds From Getting Sick
We mustn't let our birds have contacts with wild or free - living birds, who are the main carriers of diseases and infections. (more)Related Articles
- Buying a New Puppy - Factors to Consider
- How to Buy Pet Products Online
- Different Information of Buying and Selling a Horse
- Things to Know when Buying a Horse
- Before Buying an Exotic Pet
- Litter Box for Your Pet
- What to Buy When Raising an Exotic Pet
- The Many Mistakes of Buying a Horse for the First Time
- Get Your Money Worth When You Buy a Mammoth Dog Bed
- Dogs Food - Buying the Right Dog Food
- How to Choose a Hamster - Buying a Pet Hamster Guidelines
- Stores to Buy Exotic Pets from
- What to Know When Buying From a Breeder Of Pets
- Where You Can Buy an Iguana Habitat
- How to decorate a Parrot cage - Part 2
- How to Decorate Parrot Cages - Part 1
- All about the African Grey Parrot
- How to Train Your Pet Parrot
- About Your Pet Health Insurance
- Having Insect As Pets
- Save Some Money with Petmeds
- Pet Care: Dogs
- What You Should Know Before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Keeping Rodents as Pets
- Choose Vitamins for Pets
- California and Their Pet Health Insurance
- Getting the Right Temperature to Raise Your Pet
- Find the Right Pet Health Insurance Company
- Become a Breeder of Exotic Pets
- You Might Want to Consider Getting Health Insurance for Your Pet
- California Pet Health Insurance
- The Questions You Should Ask before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Get Health Insurance Coverage for Your Pet
- Should You Get Insurance for Your Pet
Many times known as the Major Mitchell's cockatoo, Leadbeater's Cockatoo is most probably one of the world's most beautiful of all cockatoos.Some say they do not make a great pet bird, indeed they do. (more)Top Tips on How to Keep Your Bird Healthy
Some birds resist new foods at first while others are open to trying many new things. Although it may take some time keep trying to introduce your bird to a variety of healthy foods. (more)Kaytee Bird Cages
Before purchasing bird cages you have to choose the best bird cage for you and for your bird. Your bird needs to be happy and comfortable in it and you need to clean the cage easily and have good access to your pet. (more)How to Buy Exotic Animals
Acquiring and maintaining exotic pets are not very that intricate today, but if you are considering to buy an exotic pet, you must first ask yourself some questions. (more)Ways to Buy a Good Horse
A well-skilled, sound charger isn't as unfussy to get control of as a cute little puppy or a kitten, especially not a good stallion. Before you buy a pony, you will penury to find a place to keep it. (more)