A Couple of Tips to Prevent Your Birds From Getting Sick
1. Good hygiene - regularly clean the bird cage and the appliances in it. The cleaning must be accomplished minimum twice a week .
2. We mustn't let our birds have contacts with wild or free - living birds, who are the main carriers of diseases and infections .
3. Do not put the bird cage exposed to draughts - the birds can catch a cold , and they should be exposed to the sun no more than 1 - 2 hours , because they can get overheated and can suffer from hypothermia .
4. If you have other pet animals - a dog , a cat, first get sure that they are not aggressive towards the birds and only then you can leave them in the same room together.
5. Examine the bird cage for protruding parts and objects that can hurt the birds .
6. A very important factor for the good health of the birds is the proper and balanced feeding . Except for grain mixture, they should get enough quantity of fruit and vegetables, from which they will supply themselves with necessary vitamins .
7. Also, with great importance for the health of birds is the proper supply with minerals . You can buy them from the zoo in combined form.
8. It is also necessary that your birds get small stones and sand in a separate container , which contributes to the good digestion and food - assimilation.
9. Overfeeding the birds with proteins of animal origin is very dangerous for them and it can cause podagra and lead to abnormal appetite .About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesWhat Is a Cockatoo Bird
Many times known as the Major Mitchell's cockatoo, Leadbeater's Cockatoo is most probably one of the world's most beautiful of all cockatoos.Some say they do not make a great pet bird, indeed they do. (more)Top Tips on How to Keep Your Bird Healthy
Some birds resist new foods at first while others are open to trying many new things. Although it may take some time keep trying to introduce your bird to a variety of healthy foods. (more)Related Articles
- Take Prevention of Insect Sting Allergy
- How to Find the Right Dog Supplies for Your Pet
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Cheap Pet Health Insurance
- Raising an Exotic Pet Ferret
- Making a Proper Environment for Your Exotic Pet
- Having a Turtle as Your Pet
- The Temperature for Your Exotic Pet
- How to Handle Indoor Pets
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- Norfolk Terrier Dog as Pet
- How Your Exotic Pet Can Adopt to Your Home
- How to Pick the Right Food for Your Pet
- About Your Pet Health Insurance
- How to Adopt Exotic Pets
- Information on Harlequin Fish Care
- Be Careful When Rescuing an Exotic Pet
- Domesticate Exotic Pets
- How to Get Cheaper Pet Insurance
- Some Reasons Why You Should Get Insurance for Your Cat
- Having Reptiles as Pets
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths
- Some Reason To Get Health Insurance For Your Pet Cat
- Getting Pet Health Insurance
- California Pet Health Insurance
- A Sugar Glider as a Pet
- Having an Alligator as a Pet
- Going to an Exotic Pet Auction
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- Keeping a Ferret as a Pet
- Coverage for Pet Health Insurance
- Why Take Out Pet Insurance?
- Getting a Cage for Your Exotic Pet
- Train an Iguana Pet
Before purchasing bird cages you have to choose the best bird cage for you and for your bird. Your bird needs to be happy and comfortable in it and you need to clean the cage easily and have good access to your pet. (more)Some Important Information about Birdcages
There are many kinds of birdcages available t day for the birds. Since birds can be classified into three sizes, small, medium and large, cages are also provided in the same way (i.e., small, medium, and large). (more)What to Consider when Buying a Bird
The price of on parrot varies in large bounds in dependence with the species. You can buy for example a budgie for less than 10 $. The price of the cockatiel varies between 25 and 35 $. (more)Teach Children to Care for Pets - Preventing Animal Abuse
Being patiently taught how to care for a pet can foster the kind of empathy and responsibility in a child that can prevent animal abuse from happening in the future. (more)Preventing Your Cats from Eating Your Garden
Your first line of defense when keeping cats out of your garden is to make sure that you have your boundaries secure. If there are any gaps in your fence, you should make sure that you block them to prevent any low access. (more)