A Couple of Tips to Prevent Your Birds From Getting Sick
1. Good hygiene - regularly clean the bird cage and the appliances in it. The cleaning must be accomplished minimum twice a week .
2. We mustn't let our birds have contacts with wild or free - living birds, who are the main carriers of diseases and infections .
3. Do not put the bird cage exposed to draughts - the birds can catch a cold , and they should be exposed to the sun no more than 1 - 2 hours , because they can get overheated and can suffer from hypothermia .
4. If you have other pet animals - a dog , a cat, first get sure that they are not aggressive towards the birds and only then you can leave them in the same room together.
5. Examine the bird cage for protruding parts and objects that can hurt the birds .
6. A very important factor for the good health of the birds is the proper and balanced feeding . Except for grain mixture, they should get enough quantity of fruit and vegetables, from which they will supply themselves with necessary vitamins .
7. Also, with great importance for the health of birds is the proper supply with minerals . You can buy them from the zoo in combined form.
8. It is also necessary that your birds get small stones and sand in a separate container , which contributes to the good digestion and food - assimilation.
9. Overfeeding the birds with proteins of animal origin is very dangerous for them and it can cause podagra and lead to abnormal appetite .About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesTop Tips on How to Keep Your Bird Healthy
Some birds resist new foods at first while others are open to trying many new things. Although it may take some time keep trying to introduce your bird to a variety of healthy foods. (more)Important Information about Bird Cages
There are many kinds of birdcages available t day for the birds. Since birds can be classified into three sizes, small, medium and large, cages are also provided in the same way (i.e., small, medium, and large). (more)Related Articles
- Preventing Cats from Eating Your Garden
- Making a Proper Environment for Your Exotic Pet
- Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- New Social Network a Hit with Pet Owners
- Giving Your Pet a Good Name
- What You Should Know before Buying an Exotic Pet
- California Pet Health Insurance
- How Much Does Health Insurance for Pets Cover
- Pet Health Insurance - Online Guide
- How to Market Your Pet Health Insurance Plan
- Choose Vitamins for Pets
- Cheap Pet Health Insurance
- Pet Health Insurance in Texas
- Train Your Pet Parrot
- Having Fish as Wonderful Pets
- Choosing an Uncommon Pet. Lizard, Pony or Horse
- Information on Pet Supplies for Pet Grooming
- Getting A Mollusk
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- Advertising Your Pet Health Insurance Company
- Things You Need to Know about Pet Rabbits
- Getting an Exotic Pet
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths
- Different Type of Pet Insurance in The States
- What to Know When Buying From a Breeder Of Pets
- Caring for Exotic Pets
- Health Insurance for Your Exotic Pets
- Why Take Out Pet Insurance?
- An Exotic Pet Rabbit
- How Your Exotic Pet Can Adopt to Your Home
- Going to an Exotic Pet Auction
- Pet Reptiles - Having Reptiles as Pets
- Tree Frogs as a Pet
The price of on parrot varies in large bounds in dependence with the species. You can buy for example a budgie for less than 10 $. The price of the cockatiel varies between 25 and 35 $. (more)What Is a Cockatoo Bird
Many times known as the Major Mitchell's cockatoo, Leadbeater's Cockatoo is most probably one of the world's most beautiful of all cockatoos.Some say they do not make a great pet bird, indeed they do. (more)Kaytee Bird Cages
Before purchasing bird cages you have to choose the best bird cage for you and for your bird. Your bird needs to be happy and comfortable in it and you need to clean the cage easily and have good access to your pet. (more)Teach Children to Care for Pets - Preventing Animal Abuse
Being patiently taught how to care for a pet can foster the kind of empathy and responsibility in a child that can prevent animal abuse from happening in the future. (more)Prevent Insect Sting Allergy
Take precautions to escape insect stings in the impending. Avoid nests or itchiness of cruel insects. Do not scuff bright clothing or perfumes that might charm bees and wasps. (more)