Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Top Tips on How to Keep Your Bird Healthy
Birds need to eat a nutrionally sound diet in order to live a long life. Improper feeding can lead to malnutrition and disease resulting in a shorter lifespan. Start off by feeding your bird right from the beginning.
2. Parrots and birds of the parrot family can eat a variety of different kinds of foods. Seeds should not be a parrot's only food. This is a mistake many new bird owners make. Seeds contain mostly fat and not enough protein and very few vitamins.
3. Birds can eat most table foods but it is best to stick to healthy items including items containing whole grains, pretzels, and whole wheat pastas and bread. Foods high in fat should be avoided. Never feed them avocados as they are toxic to birds.
4. Good sources of nutrition for your bird include beans and legumes as well as various vegetables and fruits. Some birds resist new foods at first while others are open to trying many new things. Although it may take some time keep trying to introduce your bird to a variety of healthy foods.
5. Changes to a bird's diet should be done slowly and progressively over time. Provide fresh foods twice per day for approximately an hour each time. Be careful not to leave fresh food in the bird's cage too long as it will develop bacteria which can make your bird sick.
6. Your bird should be fed two times per day. This will result in your bird getting hungry which will make it more active. Also, a good appetite can make it more likely that your bird will try new foods. Feeding at set times twice per day will also allow you to be able to monitor how much your bird is eating. If your bird is not eating well this can tell you that it is not feeling well or has a health problem.
7. If your bird is a picky eater and you cannot get it to eat a varied diet you can try warming or cooking the vegetables. Take away seeds except at meal time until your bird starts eating healthy foods on a regular basis.
8. Just as water is necessary for people it is also necessary for healthy birds. Keep your bird's water dish filled with fresh, clean water at all times. Bird bowls can become very dirty and should therefore be cleaned each day with hot soapy water. Once every other week you should clean your bird's water dish with a solution containing bleach. Also make it a point to pick up some water soluble bird vitamins at the local pet store and add vitamins to your birds water daily.
Birds make wonderful pets for the whole family and they can live a long time if taken care of properly. Proper care of birds includes maintaining a healthy diet of seeds, vegetables and fruit.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesGetting the Right Price for Your Exotic Animal
Checking out some websites online which specialize in comparing retail prices of the exotic pet you expect to buy is one good way to start a polite canvassing. Make constant that the said website is a legitimate obtain. (more)Getting Health Insurance for Your Exotic Animal
Maintaining an exotic pet is no tease. It will force a likewise exotic possessor with exotic capabilities. Just like any insurance strategy, read the slender font prudently. Check the scope of the insurance plan before you notice anything. (more)Related Articles
- A Couple of Tips to Prevent Your Birds From Getting Sick
- Animals Should Not Be Put in Cages
- Kaytee Bird Cages
- What Is a Cockatoo Bird
- How to Find Exotic Animals
- Some Important Information about Birdcages
- Going to an Auction for Exotic Animals
- What to Consider when Buying a Bird
- Finding the Pet Product
- How to Pick the Right Food for Your Pet
- Why Take Out A Pet Insurance Policy?
- Advertising Your Pet Health Insurance Company
- Pet Health Insurance in United States
- Going to an Exotic Pet Auction
- Information on Harlequin Fish Care
- How to Care for a Pet Ferret
- Giving Food for Your Exotic Pet
- Ideas and Tips for Starting a Pet Related Business
- Pet Insect - Having Insects As Pets
- What You Should Know Before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Exotic Pet Behavior
- Legal Problems with Exotic Pets
- Supplies You Need To Raise An Exotic Pet
- How to Buy Pet Products Online
- Purchasing Exotic Pets Online
- Pet Reptiles - Having Reptiles as Pets
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- Train Your Pet Parrot
- What Kind Of Pet Resources You Need
- Health Insurance for Your Exotic Pets
- How to Teach Kids and Pet to Hang Out
- Cats Are Wonderful Pets
- How Much Does Pet Health Insurance Cover
- What Is it Like to Become an Exotic Pet Vet
If you happen to be part of the final who owns any genus of exotic pet, there might definitely be those unpredictable moments when your exotic pet swiftly requests rescuing. Saving exotic pets. (more)Breeding Exotic Animals
Are you fond of pleasing concern of exotic pets? Do you have intensive awareness of animals and breeding it? If you do, you can deem being an exotic pet breeder. (more)Know the Way Exotic Animals Behave
Many people are tense by the covet to own exotic pets. Know the way exotic animals behave. This will help in selling with riotous pets and enjoying them. (more)Pet Insurance Cover For Older Animals
While many pet insurance companies will insure an animal between the ages of 8 weeks and 8 years, there are tailor-made policies available to fit older animals. (more)How to Buy Exotic Animals
Acquiring and maintaining exotic pets are not very that intricate today, but if you are considering to buy an exotic pet, you must first ask yourself some questions. (more)