Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Top Tips on How to Keep Your Bird Healthy
Birds need to eat a nutrionally sound diet in order to live a long life. Improper feeding can lead to malnutrition and disease resulting in a shorter lifespan. Start off by feeding your bird right from the beginning.
2. Parrots and birds of the parrot family can eat a variety of different kinds of foods. Seeds should not be a parrot's only food. This is a mistake many new bird owners make. Seeds contain mostly fat and not enough protein and very few vitamins.
3. Birds can eat most table foods but it is best to stick to healthy items including items containing whole grains, pretzels, and whole wheat pastas and bread. Foods high in fat should be avoided. Never feed them avocados as they are toxic to birds.
4. Good sources of nutrition for your bird include beans and legumes as well as various vegetables and fruits. Some birds resist new foods at first while others are open to trying many new things. Although it may take some time keep trying to introduce your bird to a variety of healthy foods.
5. Changes to a bird's diet should be done slowly and progressively over time. Provide fresh foods twice per day for approximately an hour each time. Be careful not to leave fresh food in the bird's cage too long as it will develop bacteria which can make your bird sick.
6. Your bird should be fed two times per day. This will result in your bird getting hungry which will make it more active. Also, a good appetite can make it more likely that your bird will try new foods. Feeding at set times twice per day will also allow you to be able to monitor how much your bird is eating. If your bird is not eating well this can tell you that it is not feeling well or has a health problem.
7. If your bird is a picky eater and you cannot get it to eat a varied diet you can try warming or cooking the vegetables. Take away seeds except at meal time until your bird starts eating healthy foods on a regular basis.
8. Just as water is necessary for people it is also necessary for healthy birds. Keep your bird's water dish filled with fresh, clean water at all times. Bird bowls can become very dirty and should therefore be cleaned each day with hot soapy water. Once every other week you should clean your bird's water dish with a solution containing bleach. Also make it a point to pick up some water soluble bird vitamins at the local pet store and add vitamins to your birds water daily.
Birds make wonderful pets for the whole family and they can live a long time if taken care of properly. Proper care of birds includes maintaining a healthy diet of seeds, vegetables and fruit.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesSaving Exotic Animals
If you happen to be part of the final who owns any genus of exotic pet, there might definitely be those unpredictable moments when your exotic pet swiftly requests rescuing. Saving exotic pets. (more)Know the Way Exotic Animals Behave
Many people are tense by the covet to own exotic pets. Know the way exotic animals behave. This will help in selling with riotous pets and enjoying them. (more)Related Articles
- A Couple of Tips to Prevent Your Birds From Getting Sick
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Exotic Animal
- Kaytee Bird Cages
- What to Consider when Buying a Bird
- Breeding Exotic Animals
- How to Find Exotic Animals
- What Is a Cockatoo Bird
- Important Information about Bird Cages
- The Evolution of Pets
- Why Spiders Are So Popular As Pets
- Insurance for Pets
- Pet Care: Dogs
- Getting Eye Health Insurance for Your Pet
- Getting the Right Temperature to Raise Your Pet
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- Coverage for Pet Health Insurance
- Having Rabbit as a Pet
- Cheap Pet Health Insurance
- How to Buy Online Pet Products
- Interesting Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Different Kinds of Insects and Spiders Pets
- Norfolk Terrier Dogs as Pets
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Exotic Pet Behavior
- Do Not Overpay for an Exotic Pet
- Selecting a Pet Hotel
- Getting a Pet Cougar
- How Pet Insurance Can Save the Day
- The Questions You Should Ask before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Why Take Out Pet Insurance?
- Getting a Norfolk Pet Terrier
- Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
- What Kind of Pet Resources You Need
- How to Care for Your Pet Fox
Is there an exotic pet auction upcoming up near you? If there is one, and you do want to get an exotic pet, join it. Your next best lonely could be there! (more)How to Buy Exotic Animals
Acquiring and maintaining exotic pets are not very that intricate today, but if you are considering to buy an exotic pet, you must first ask yourself some questions. (more)Pet Insurance Cover For Older Animals
While many pet insurance companies will insure an animal between the ages of 8 weeks and 8 years, there are tailor-made policies available to fit older animals. (more)Animals Should Not Be Put in Cages
It possibly began in the bygone when man began to understand the beauty of animals. Keeping animals and birds in cages is pretty ridiculous if not cruel. (more)Getting the Right Price for Exotic Animals
Checking out some websites online which specialize in comparing retail prices of the exotic pet you expect to buy is one good way to start a polite canvassing. Make constant that the said website is a legitimate obtain. (more)